The hair iron has become an essential tool in the day to day of many women, who use it to wear a smoother mane or to shape it by making beautiful natural waves. However, as we know, it is a device that subjects the hair to very high temperatures and that can really end up taking its toll if we do not protect it beforehand. If you have ever wondered if it is bad to use the hair straightener every day, keep reading this article to discover the answer and know what is the frequency indicated that will help you keep your hair always spectacular.
Steps to follow:
1. Although today, the materials with which the plates are manufactured are strictly designed and chosen to protect the health of the hair to the maximum, the truth is that an excessive use of these devices can end up damaging it deeply and making it not look beautiful and healthy. If every day we subject our hair to very high temperatures, it is normal for the hair cuticle to weaken and the result is a dry hair, rough to the touch, frizzy and with split ends and brittle.
2. That is why it is not advisable to use the hair straightener every day if we want to keep it healthy and looking good. Experts recommend to iron your hair at most 2 or 3 times a week, avoiding doing it every time we wash our hair. If your hair is unruly and difficult to mold, a good alternative is to use the dryer to smooth it instead of the iron, since not directly in contact with the hair, the hot air is not so harmful.
3. And not only abuse of hair straighteners can cause damage to your hair, because a misuse of them will also cause your hair to be mistreated, damaged and very dry. It is essential to prepare your hair before ironing and offer the care you need to withstand the impact of such high temperatures. So, before using your hair straightener do not forget:
Wash your hair with a suitable shampoo and apply a good moisturizing conditioner.
Apply evenly a thermal protector on damp hair
Dry the hair very well to remove all the moisture, since to pass the iron on wet hair, it will burn and weaken the hair fibers instantly.
Regulate the temperature of the iron between 170º and 190º if your hair is normal, or at 160º in case it is very thin, damaged or dyed.
4. Once your hair is protected and prepared to withstand the heat of the iron, you should pay attention to how you use this tool to prevent hair from breaking. Above all, you should always pass the iron from the root to the ends and not repeatedly on the same strand of hair. The ideal is to divide the hair into different sections and iron each strand gradually with a uniform movement and without stopping.
5. Choosing a good iron is also key to take care of your hair and keep it in perfect condition. Those that have ceramic plates are recommendable because the heat affects more indirectly and a greater shine and smoothness is achieved.
We invite you to consult the article: How to choose a good hair straightener to make the right choice.
6. Now that you know that using the hair straightener every day is not beneficial, try to limit its use and care for your hair following all the above tips. With this, you will show impeccable, beautiful and very healthy hair.